EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM – 3 YEAR OLD
As our three-year-old students gain more self-esteem, they may feel ready to take on the world. Our well-rounded program fosters that confidence by providing activities to help children become problem solvers and lifelong learners. Through independent exploration, structured activities, and hands-on learning, children will work on early literacy, math, science, and social studies concepts. Healthy doses of running, jumping, and dancing keeps them active, too.
https://www.abeka.com/ ABekaOnline/BookDescription. aspx?sbn=302244&childSbn= 168238
- Recitation, Recognition and identification of the alphabet both lower and upper case.
- Understand that letters make sounds and form words.
- Understand that words are a way of communication.
- Communicate using fairly complex words.
- Listen to others speak.
- Developing skills of reading and enjoy being read to.
- Understand that we read from left to right and move from top to bottom and front to back.
- Develop more vocabulary.
- Participate in group conversation.
- Associating pictures and objects of each letter.
- Recognition and identification of consonants, short and long vowels.
- Identify first and last names
- Tracing/Writing two-three letter words.
Our goal is to help children develop a sense of math around them, to notice and use numbers, and to use math concepts to explore their world. They are encouraged to
- use numbers and counting to explore their world
- notice shapes, patterns, and colors
- use math to communicate things about their world (how long something is, how heavy it is, etc)
- Counting 1 to 30
- Counting forward and backward by ones.
- Identifying the numbers that come before and after a given number.
- Identifying missing numbers by ones.
- Writing numbers 1 to 30.
- Count with understanding and recognize how many in sets of objects.
- Sort, classify and order objects by size, number, and other properties.
- Recognizing and identifying geometric shapes.
- Pattern – identifying right, left, top and bottom.
Handwriting Without Tears is a multi-sensory handwriting instruction that help students build strong printing skills for writing numerals, letters, words and sentences. Tools: Handwriting Without Tears https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jukn9cEeXek&t=1s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wKLhf6ANQ8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0Gv_Imf-4Y https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvphUKrDobc https://shopping.lwtears.com/product/MFSB-20/handwriting?m=Retail
Our preschoolers, are encouraged to participate in science activities. They learn by observing, asking questions , making predictions and varieties of hands on experiments.
- Autumn/ Fall: Why do leaves change color!
- Growing tall and eating healthy
- Things in the sky
- Winter wonderland: what happens in winter, how is winter different from other seasons.
- Spring- “Everything Grow!”
- Our Planet Earth- Our World
Let’s Travel the World
Our program builds:
- Social knowledge and understanding
- Social skills strategies for interacting with others.
- It exposes our students to:
- Community roles
- Decision Making