Theme: International Day
We are celebrating the Week of the Young Child this whole week. The purpose of the Week of the Young Child™ is to focus public attention on the needs of young children and their families and to recognize the early childhood programs and services that meet those needs.
- The students will be able to practice public speaking.
- The students will be introduced to the many cultures that make up our school community.
No need to record videos.
Various materials of your choice
- Wear a traditional clothing(or any shirt/team sport shirt that represents the country of origin) and/or bring an item that represents your child’s ethnic background or country of origin. The item can be: picture book and music CD in your own language; musical instrument, toy, etc.
- Prepare to describe and discuss (simple background/history) the clothing and/or item your child brought.
- Parents and guardians are welcome to talk about, perform a song/dance, show a video, read a cultural book etc. Please inform the Pre-K teachers to schedule a time if interested.
Link to the Discussion from the Parent Workshop:
Link to The Language of Handwriting without Tears (words we say when we write the letters)