Ask your child what their favorite time of day is. Have him/her draw a picture of what they usually do on their favorite time of day on a paper. Have him/her write their name on the top of the paper and their favorite time of day on the bottom (morning, afternoon, evening).
Objective: Students will match and write the words.
Please help your child review for the spelling test on Friday. The spelling words are: the, and, is, in, on, a, see, at, I, have, can, go, she, you, was, with, up.
Objective: Students will learn about more/less time.
Materials: 1. Harcourt Math book
Complete page 207-208
Have your child predict which of two chores will take more time. Then have him/her act out the chores to see which took longer.
Have your child draw which chore he/she liked the best on the paper. Have him/her write their name on the top and either the words more time or less time on the bottom depending on the time it took for him/her to finish the chore.
Start on the dot. Trace the letter o and complete the rest.
Trace and write the sight word of the week ‘up’.
The student will be able to practice public speaking.
The student will be able to design their own bobsled.
*No need to make a video.
Various art materials
1. View the link showing a bobsled event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYsTOfqaNi4
2. Ask your child how they would design their own bobsled.
3. Have your child draw their plans and write down the materials they would need.
4. Help your child make a bobsled. Make sure it will slide down an inclined surface. Here are a couple of ideas:
5. Bring in their drawing (design) and bobsled on Friday and we will take turns making it go down a ramp.
6. Help your child prepare for the following questions on Friday:
-How did you come up with your bobsled design?
-What materials did you use?
-Would you ride a real bobsled? Why/why not?